Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

Article about: Here is my No. 5 Mk II bayonet. It is for the No. 5 Mk 1 Enfield rifle, known as the "Jungle Carbine". It was manufactured by Wilkinson Sword Company (W.S.C.). This is not to be co

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is my example, also a W.S.C.
    The green camouflage color is very nice, and at the same time intended as an anti-rust paint.

If I'm not mistaken, I should also have a No.5 bayonet with such a green anti-rust paint.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The green camouflage color is very nice, and at the same time intended as an anti-rust paint.

If I'm not mistaken, I should also have a No.5 bayonet with such a green anti-rust paint.
    The latest ones you posted appear to have legitimate markings on them for an original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Another bayonet from the manufacturer W.S.C.
    I would be interested in your opinions on this specimen.
    British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

Looks OK.

?

Hi Reibert,

Markings look ok. Not sure if it’s the photos or my phone screen but the blueing on the handle and ricasso looks slightly rougher than usual.

Alex

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Hi Reibert,

Markings look ok. Not sure if it’s the photos or my phone screen but the blueing on the handle and ricasso looks slightly rougher than usual.

Alex
    Alex, the bayonet itself is undoubtedly an original.
    I'm not so sure about the grip wood. Could it be that the bayonet remained on the CBI scene after the war and was replaced there with new grip plates in India ?

Another interesting post dealing with this bayonet model.
    Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.
    It also addresses the deployment of British troops in Malaya, also known as the "Malayan Emergency".
    Perhaps the grip plates (if they did at all, that's just a guess on my part) were replaced during this period?

Malayan Emergency - Wikipedia

Possible, but I doubt the hard wood grips would deteriorate to need replacing in the 1950's or '60s. Most P1907 I've come across after 100 years still have good wood grip plates. What I see is an even patina over the bayonet, which suggests to me it's original parts.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Another bayonet from the manufacturer W.S.C.
    I would be interested in your opinions on this specimen.
    I am not a fan of the bluing on this blade. It seems too rough to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am not a fan of the bluing on this blade. It seems too rough to me.
    Ralph.
    ... and that means for you now ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast