Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

Article about: Here is my No. 5 Mk II bayonet. It is for the No. 5 Mk 1 Enfield rifle, known as the "Jungle Carbine". It was manufactured by Wilkinson Sword Company (W.S.C.). This is not to be co

Default British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

Here is my No. 5 Mk II bayonet. It is for the No. 5 Mk 1 Enfield rifle, known as the "Jungle Carbine". It was manufactured by Wilkinson Sword Company (W.S.C.). This is not to be confused with the very common and less valuable R.F.I. from India.

Hope you enjoy viewing it.

British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

?

Let me start this with the caveat that I'm no expert and I'm not entirely sure either way. There are some things that don't look like others I've seen:

1 I think yours is refinished as WSC bayonet blades started life in the white not parkarised. The straightness of the black line where the bluing of the handguard meets the parkarised finish of the blade is usually far less uniform. Apparently these were refinished on a local level which would result in differences, it just doesn't look like others I've seen.

2 The WSC logo and broad arrow are usually not stamped as crisply as they are on yours. The ones I've seen are usually really sloppy especially on refinished ones and I haven't seen a WSC one without their code S.294 above the WSC mark.

Hopefully I'm wrong and its a good mint example. If not its a really well made repro.

Alex

I have to agree with Alex, I think this is a reproduction. My reason being the W.S.C. (Wilkinson), x bend test and broad arrow marks all look cast in blade rather than struck. I suspect it's Indian made, possibly by Windlass. However it does look nice with the rifle.

?

I have to agree with the others , Its not quite right in every aspect stated above.
    Cheers Rick

Here is my example, also a W.S.C.
    The only photo I have of the other stamps is out of focus, I'll take a new one and post it in a bit.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is my example, also a W.S.C.
    The only photo I have of the other stamps is out of focus, I'll take a new one and post it in a bit.
    Ralph.
    Here is the photo of the other stamps on my example.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph's example also shows the end of contract code S294 mark usually seen with the WSC made No.5 bayonets.

Hi, mates, for comparison:
    No.5 MkII S294/W.S.C.

Here´s another No.5 MkII S.294 / W.S.C. (Wilkinson Sword Company) bayonet for the Rifle No 5 Mk I (aka Lee–Enfield No 5 Mk I, aka Lee–Enfield "Jungle Carbine") showin´ the wartime code S294

Don't know if the frog goes with the bayonet. But it looks like frog and bayonet have always been together.
    Inscription on the frog no longer legible.

I would appreciate opinions from you.
    British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.British No.5 MkII - W.S.C.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast