Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British No7 Mk1 Bayonet

Article about: I have a chance to buy this at \\$100. They seem relatively uncommon and not much current pricing data. The bayonet looks good to me and is comparable to other examples I have seen. No scabbar

Default British No7 Mk1 Bayonet

I have a chance to buy this at $100. They seem relatively uncommon and not much current pricing data. The bayonet looks good to me and is comparable to other examples I have seen. No scabbard!!!. I am assuming it uses the same scabbard as the No9 bayonets and will be obtainable. All opinions are appreciated.
    John

British No7 Mk1 BayonetBritish No7 Mk1 BayonetBritish No7 Mk1 BayonetBritish No7 Mk1 BayonetBritish No7 Mk1 Bayonet

These tend not to be expensive, unlike the No.5 bayonet, which has reached almost cult status among some collectors, and sell for almost as much as the rifle. But you may be able to get a no.7 bayonet with scabbard for US$100.

I paid $135 for the last one I bought, with black scales and scabbard, but that was about 10 years ago. I can't make out the manufacturer on this one though

?

I also have one of these. Black handle. Mine came in a M8 scabbard but to answer your question about scabbard,Yes the same as the #9. I bought mine in the mid 80s from a bucket of Bayonets
    I liked the flip up pommel idea but shooting through the barrel band I thought odd!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you for the replies. Apologies for the bad maker pic. This one should be better.
    John

British No7 Mk1 Bayonet

I've got one also. It was a flea market find in the 1980s.
    Mine also was missing the scabbard.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I'd take it for 100 bucks and buy a scabbard later It's a BSA Birmingham Small Arms, Ltd. —25,000 made That one and Poole would be desirable because of low numbers made.

?

I don't think $100 is a bad price, you should be able to pick up a No 5 Mk II scabbard for about $30. No 7 bayonets aren't overly hard to find however most have stained or pitted blades. They start to get pricey with a mint blade and without the "ENGLAND" US import marks.

Alex

Thank you. I am going to try for $75.00.
    John

I think I'd be quite happy if I could get one at (the £ equivalent of) that price … even without scabbard.

Good luck with the bartering!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast