Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Camillus USMC

Article about: Hi friends, I was buying some antique firearms from someone who got rid of some stuff. When I was packing some stuff my eye fell on a nice item and I liked the Bowie style. After some resear

Quote by Tomasz70 View Post
    Cor, your Camillus is genuine, wartime production. I have got the same model, belonged to a Marine who was seriously wounded and blinded on Iwo Jima in March 1945.
    The sheath is correct for that model, too.
    Compare your sheath with the one originally posted. Yours has staples, while the other one has rivets.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Both sheaths are correct wartime models - two types for USMC and some leather for Navy have either staples or rivets, sewn in every case. As far as you don't have leather sheath with stamped USMC letters and EGA, you may suppose that they are wartime production (however replicas are made as well - some poor, some better).

Cor
    ?

Thank you Tomasz70 for your comprehensive response to my initially unknown purchase. Afterwards I saw many such daggers and my suspicions were confirmed.
    A genuine WWII made Camillus.
    Nice collection you have. Thanks for showing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2