Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camillus USMC

Article about: Hi friends, I was buying some antique firearms from someone who got rid of some stuff. When I was packing some stuff my eye fell on a nice item and I liked the Bowie style. After some resear

Cor
    ?

Default Camillus USMC

Hi friends, I was buying some antique firearms from someone who got rid of some stuff. When I was packing some stuff my eye fell on a nice item and I liked the Bowie style. After some research on the internet I come to the conclusion that the price (€ 50, -) could be a bargain. WWII? Black blade is razor sharp. What do you think?

Camillus USMC

Camillus USMC

Camillus USMC

IMO, it is original, but post war.
    Also, 50 euro is a good price in this condition.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cor
    ?

Thanks Ralph for your quick response.

I've found;

"Camillus had three orders for the USMC version of the knife. The first, issued in October 1943 was for 150,000 knives. The second in June 1944 for another 150,000 and the last in January 1945 for 125,000, which was terminated due to the end of the war with 53,000 delivered.

The change from blade marking to guard marking was ordered in late May 1943 although it may be that blade marking was continued for a short time until the dies could be made to mark the guard. However, it is likely that most if not all of the June 1944 order was guard marked as well as the January 1945 order.

As such, about 150,000 were blade marked and about 203,000 were guard marked. Since the blade marked were made earlier and were subject to more wartime issue and use, they are probably somewhat scarcer than these numbers would indicate, although issue and use in Korea would also reduce the number of guard marked specimens."

From here: Camillus Blade Marked USMC MK2 Rarity - EDGED WEAPONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

V/r Lance

Two from my collection.
    Ralph.

Camillus USMC

Camillus USMC

Camillus USMC

Camillus USMC
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cor
    ?

Thanks Ralph, the one on the right looks exactly like mine.

The serrations on the top of the blade near the guard were also added at some point in time. They were not originally made with any serrations.
    John

Cor
    ?

Sharp John, I also noticed this and did not see this on other USMC's. It doesn't make sense either I guess except on a scinner type dagger. Look at my buffalo scinner knife from the German maker Emil Voos (with my antique Winchester 1886 .45-90Cal.)

Camillus USMC

Cor, your Camillus is genuine, wartime production. I have got the same model, belonged to a Marine who was seriously wounded and blinded on Iwo Jima in March 1945.
    The sheath is correct for that model, too.

The biggest threat with so called USMC Ka-bars and US Navy MK2 knives is purchasing replica / copy. Postwar model was produced during late Vietnam War and most original knifes available are of WWII production.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast