Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Case pocket knife WW2 era

Article about: Provenance can turn a mundane item into something a bit more interesting. Here's a Case pocket knife with provenance. My grandfather who served in the Pacific during WW2 got this from an Ame

Default Case pocket knife WW2 era

Provenance can turn a mundane item into something a bit more interesting. Here's a Case pocket knife with provenance. My grandfather who served in the Pacific during WW2 got this from an American serviceman he met, possibly a Marine or Navy man. It may have been swapped for some piece of NZ kit or another knife. My grandfather never said and I never asked. It survived the war and less well my childhood where I broke off the lift arm on the can opener tool. I presume hard brittle steel.

Case pocket knife WW2 eraCase pocket knife WW2 eraCase pocket knife WW2 eraCase pocket knife WW2 eraCase pocket knife WW2 eraCase pocket knife WW2 era

MAP
    ?

Nice piece of family history!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice, but I bet you broke off the lift arm opening up the tinnies of beer on the sly!!

one more thing, bet the yank is thinking- yer can keep ya .303!!! or visa versa well... NZ fella --you keep it or else!!