Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

Article about: what is the year of production on the scabbard throat? I got mine 2 years ago for £70+PP - no regrets Milled fakes from MK2 are easy to spot, they do look crappy. BTW there are some other sp

Default Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

hi guys here is a few pics of a cruciform mk1 ive found....or at least think it may be. these are the pics i hav its for around £285 let me know what you think is it real or not.....im thinking a tad suspicious for the way that the I is stamped next to the mk. but i may be wrong as i know alot of the mk2 are around and get drilled down to make one worth alot more

cheers guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?   Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?  

Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?   Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?  

Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?  

Default re: Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

£285.00 for a spike bayonet!surely not?you are kidding yes.

no im not haha! its the rarest of all if that makes it any better they are getting silly now though. i can get it for £114 apparently lol

I bought one a few years ago for £10, are they really asking over a hundred for it?...

I am certain this is a mkII that has been milled.

These are highly faked.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

yeah i had a feeling! the S stamp looks like its been added to look like the company SM that only made mk1 cruciforms and the mk I looks to be altered as well...just wanted some advice as well cheers

from £285 down to £114 should tell you somthing.

the cruciform bayonet is spot on ... its a real one . genuine article ...... ive seen many over the years real and copy,s the difference stands out a mile when you put them next to each other ...... the milling on the copy is very poor and wrong shape for a start...Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not? here are some real ones for example ...

price wise around £100 is about right . but dealers want more ... they say they are rare but plenty real ones out there.

regards paul.......

?

Saw one on the surplus stall at my local market a few weeks ago, he wanted £50 for it, (no scabbard), I was tempted but couldn't justify it to the wife.
    "My trader" regularly has spike bayonets for sale at reasonable prices.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

well ian im really keen for one......but if you know where to get one cheaper than this let me know.....if you dont buy it your self from "your trader" :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast