Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?

Article about: Hi all, Was wondering if anyone can give their opinion on this M3. Being blade marked and dated, there are a few things that make me uneasy. Firstly, the markings look a bit off. In some pic

?

Default Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?

Hi all,
    Was wondering if anyone can give their opinion on this M3. Being blade marked there are a few things that make me uneasy. Firstly, the markings look a bit off. In some pics, almost like they are engraved and not stamped? In other pics they look better, but if you open the pics they are fairly large in order to check the details. Pommel is star peened, not sure if that is correct. I know it should have an M6 scabbard, but that being replaced isn't unusual.
    I'm no expert on these but there is a slight premium for blade marked, and so I was wondering if this was maybe messed with at some point.
    Appreciate any advice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?   Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?  

Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?   Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?  

Does this M3 Imperial blade marked look dodgy?  

?

In my opinion that is a nice original. The M6 scabbard was only issued with early M3’s. Later manufacture (and this knife is from end 1943/1944) were issued with the M8 scabbard, so this could very well be the original scabbard. It’s a pity the scabbard is in poor state, but a replacement can be found.

It looks OK to me also. Best Regards, Fred