Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...

Article about: I recently acquired this dagger type fighting knife made by Southern & Richardson , Sheffield during WWII. Sort of looks like a poor man's Fairbairn Sykes knife. This one is still in pre

?

Default English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...

I recently acquired this dagger type fighting knife made by Southern & Richardson , Sheffield during WWII. Sort of looks like a poor man's Fairbairn Sykes knife. This one is still in pretty nice solid shape. Here are some pics.

Len

English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...English Southern & Richardson fighting knife...

Actually a quality knife that deserves a proper viewing. Southern & Richardson were an old firm of cutlers that produced this particular fighting knife in preparation for the D Day invasion. Not military issue, but a private purchase knife that was probably bought by more than a few British and US servicemen prior to D Day to be carried in combat. So these are genuine combat knives used in European theatre from 1944. The lightweight leather sheath also indicates it is late war construction. Len doesn't say where he acquired it ,but it could well have gone to the US post war with a GI.

Very nice, original fighting knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

That's a nice pig sticker!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

You're correct Anderson , it did come back with a GI.