Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated

Article about: Found in old garage,probably been there since ww2,looks like it.Not the best cosmetic cond. but tight springs and blade and saw would still work fine.Giant jack knife,made by Colonial.Blade

Default Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated

Found in old garage,probably been there since ww2,looks like it.Not the best cosmetic cond. but tight springs and blade and saw would still work fine.Giant jack knife,made by Colonial.Blade is about 4 and 5/8 long,does not look retipped to me,price was great,these were well made,no lanyard loop on this one,were these for pilots that were shot down?Still some old crud and paint on it,should I clean it or leave it alone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated   Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated  

Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated   Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated  

Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated   Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated  

Garage find Navy survival knife,info appreciated  

?

TC very nice knife I would say its up to you to clean it or not. Me i would clean and oil it . Gary

Thanks Gary,appreciate it,just going to oil it for now,might try and clean it up later.

?

Nice find TC. I agree with the cleaning.
    It could use some TLC!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil!

Nice save!
    John

Thanks John!Paid 20.00,am sure these were used after ww2 in the home/ garage ,back then just another knife or tool,no biggy.Dont know if brought back or,these were sold as surplus back in the day.I am thinking its worth maybe 40.00 so its a win for me,and I didnt have one!