Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's

Article about: This is a good example of the 2nd contract M4 bayonets with plastic handles. I could not find too much information on the Imperial bayonets but were likely made in the early 1960's under gov

Default Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's

This is a good example of the 2nd contract M4 bayonets with plastic handles. I could not find too much information on the Imperial bayonets but were likely made in the early 1960's under government contract. I do not believe there is any documentation of this contract. The imperial made bayonets are not very common. One item of notice is the hot peen on the pommel. This is common to the 2nd contract with plastic handles. If anyone has additional documentation on this contract; please share. All opinions and comments are always appreciated. Thanks for looking.
    John

Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's

MAP
    ?

It's a great looking example. Excellent condition.

All the ones I see are heavily used. To the point that they tempt me to purchase them as a working knife
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Great info and a wonderful looking M4.
    Congrats on that pick up.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Nice looking bayonet Rescue. I had an Imperial plastic M4 however I sold it as I couldn't live with what a previous owner had done to the blade. Does yours have the DAS mark under the cross guard?

The only info I have on these is from Bayo Points 3

Alex

Hi there

yes you have a nice M4 from the manufacturer Imperial.
    This variant was manufactured in 1956.
    For this purpose, a sheath from the manufacturer VPCO from the 1953 contract or older from BMCo was issued.

The PWH scabbard was manufactured between 1965 and 1969.

They are often found in a beautiful condition, as they were probably only issued to a limited extent.

The grip scales usually carry the bow and arrow symbol of a previously unknown manufacturer.

Here is one from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's   Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's  

Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's   Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's  

Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's   Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's  

Thank you for the comments and additional information. I added a few more pics.
    John

Imperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60'sImperial M4 Bayonet from the ealry 60's

I believe that there were multiple different batches of the M4 made after the war. Not necessarily in exact sequence, the first seems to have been WW II bayonets that were overhauled and modified for the plastic grips. Then there was a batch by Camillus in the early 1950's. The Imperial ones a little uncertain because the M-2 carbines were given to the National Guard, and the Army still had some M-2's into the early 1960's before the M-14 rifles were fully distributed. Vietnam also a little uncertain because the early MAAG forces also had them (and M-14's) before the AR15's became the new standard. Which does not really make it any clearer because the Vietnamese received large numbers of M-2's as military aid. And if that was not confusing enough, Conetta also made the M4 (and M7). Best Regards, Fred

I dug through my box of old rusty bayonets only to discover that my
    M4 was actually a M6.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I dug through my box of old rusty bayonets only to discover that my
    M4 was actually a M6.
    Not a bad surprise ass long as you have an M4 to fill the hole.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Not a bad surprise ass long as you have an M4 to fill the hole.
    John
    Once life returns to normal, I guess I'll have to go looking for one.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast