Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial swords

Article about: Hi all just wanting some info on several swords I have been offered. I'm no expert but love learning about these items. I've attached photos there are.3 swords Any help is always appreciated

Default Imperial swords

Hi all just wanting some info on several swords I have been offered please I'm no expert but love learning about these items.
    I've attached photos there are.3 swords
    Any help is always appreciated thanks
    Regards
    James
    Sword 1

Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords

Sword 2
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords

Sword 3
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Imperial swords
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial swords   Imperial swords  

All good and nice looking swords, love the first one.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Posting 3 swords on one thread gets confusing to readers. I suggest you post them individually. But a quick look indicates all or at least two are Bavarian swords of imperial era.

From what I seem to be seeing the third is the backside of the hilt of a Prussian IOD89. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial swords   Imperial swords  

?

1st sword is a F.W. Höller Solingen Bavarian cavalry officers lionhead sword with folding guard. On the blade it is etched with In treue fest. Normally you see this on both sides. This sword is end of 19th century or begin 20th.

The third one is a Prussian knuckle bow dovehead sword from the beginning of the 20th century this can be seen by the wkc logo in that form. The king was not used anymore after WWI since there was no king anymore in Germany. It is missing the leather fingerloop which would be there. They have used these kind of sword type from the end of the 19th century up and into the 2nd world war. But they used these swords also in other countries.

Regards,

Erik

?

To add to this the IOD was used mostly in WW1 when the scabbard was painted black. There are many IOD 89 variations also parade swords which were not used in war. Yours is a Prussian example with the monogram of Wilhelm the 2nd on the grip and should also be a monogram on the guard