Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

KA-BAR USN Mk2

Article about: Hello everyone, Here is another piece I found in one of my Grandfather's footlockers. USN Mk2 with personalized sheath. Anyone have further info they can share about this blade?

Default KA-BAR USN Mk2

Hello everyone,
    Here is another piece I found in one of my Grandfather's footlockers. USN Mk2 with personalized sheath. Anyone have further info they can share about this blade?

KA-BAR USN Mk2KA-BAR USN Mk2KA-BAR USN Mk2KA-BAR USN Mk2KA-BAR USN Mk2KA-BAR USN Mk2KA-BAR USN Mk2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KA-BAR USN Mk2  

Interested in knowing when this knife was produced and issued. Would this have been issued to a US Marine?

Thanks,
    Thistle

Yours has a "peened" pommel, and I believe it fits into the WW II era time frame. The markings also fit with this.
    In late 1943, the Ka-BAR replaced the Marine Raider Stilletto. Marines were often issued the USN MK II Ka-Bar.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice knife. Really like the private made sheath.
    John

That is a beauty.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Yours has a "peened" pommel, and I believe it fits into the WW II era time frame. The markings also fit with this.
    In late 1943, the Ka-BAR replaced the Marine Raider Stilletto. Marines were often issued the USN MK II Ka-Bar.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph,
    Is a "peened" pommel common with this knife?

Thanks,
    Thistle

Quote by Thistle51 View Post
    Thanks Ralph,
    Is a "peened" pommel common with this knife?

Thanks,
    Thistle
    Google can be your friend.
    Ka-Bar - Wikipedia
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Google and Wikipedia are not always reliable sources... thought I was talking to the experts here!

Quote by Thistle51 View Post
    Google and Wikipedia are not always reliable sources... thought I was talking to the experts here!
    Well, I am certainly not an "expert", but I thought I would offer some help since no one else has offered any other information.
    I can't answer all of your questions without going and doing some research on my own.
    Wiki may not be 100% correct but, it does contain information that could be researched further, if you wished to do so.
    The members of this forum are not obligated to give you any information, they do so of free will, and a willingness to help other collectors.
    If you don't like what I have posted, it's simple, wait for someone with more info to "give" you.
    We are not an on demand service.
    Ralph.

My apologies if asking questions bothers you. I thought that was one of the purposes of this forum.
    You were the one to point out the "peened" pommel, and logically, I figured you had information regarding. I'm not sure why you are so condescending. I appreciate all the info that has been shared with me by the great people on this forum that are passionate and educated regarding WWII relics. I don't expect anything other than conversing , discussing, and asking questions of those more knowledgeable than I am.

Not trying to start a fight, but telling someone to "just Google it", especially as a moderator, in my opinion, is
    precisely what this forum doesn't need.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast