Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Knife ID

Article about: What is this knife? What is its value?

Default Knife ID

What is this knife? What is its value?Knife IDKnife IDKnife IDKnife ID

?

Default Re: Knife ID

I guess it once was a comercial sheath knife, but someone has ground down a larger blade to fit the handle (hence the nut on the end)
    The pocket was for a sharpening stone.
    Pete

If I am not mistaken, this is a Randall fighting knife. Quite desirable!
    If this is the original sheath, it is worth a bit as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Looking at the picture in close up, it does look well made. Well I'm no expert on American? knives. Is that a manufacturers name on the blade?
    Pete

I believe it says "Randall knives, Orlando Florida"
    If I am correct, this one was made for soldiers during WWII of fairly shortly after.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I like it! Very tough looking.
    Sorry to post on your thread but I just got this as agift and wondered if these were used in the military as well.Thanks,
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knife ID   Knife ID  

Knife ID  

?

I like it! Very tough looking.
    Sorry to post on your thread but I just got this as a gift and wondered if these were used in the military as well.Thanks,
    ~Dean

Dean,
    These could have been used by soldiers, and were a private purchase just as the one that started this thread. Unfortunately, yours is a commercially produced Buck knife that is sold for about $50. and currently being produced.
    The Randall is a desirable knife and produced by a custom knife maker that is no longer living. I have many knives in my collection, but do not have a Randall.
    Ralph.

?

Thanks.I found out ths is the 1973 model and was used in vietnam by many soldiers. Looks like Randall's are very desirable! Lucky man!~
    Quote by rbminis View Post
    Dean,
    These could have been used by soldiers, and were a private purchase just as the one that started this thread. Unfortunately, yours is a commercially produced Buck knife that is sold for about $50. and currently being produced.
    The Randall is a desirable knife and produced by a custom knife maker that is no longer living. I have many knives in my collection, but do not have a Randall.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by Dean; 02-03-2012 at 08:28 AM.

The Knife has

Randall Made/Spfld Mass

with scimitars around it.

Randall Makes knives in Orlando since 1952 or so. Is the a repro?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast