Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

lee-enfield 1907 bayonet markings

Article about: Hello I have this bayonet for some years now. The inspection marks are clear to me, the thing that puzzles me are the regimental markings. Can anyone here deciphre them for me? Could the &qu

Default lee-enfield 1907 bayonet markings

Hello
    I have this bayonet for some years now. The inspection marks are clear to me, the thing that puzzles me are the regimental markings. Can anyone here deciphre them for me? Could the "N" by the release button stand for "naval service"? Heres the pics:

Greetings JustasR,

In the spirit of, “Show me don’t tell me” here are pages 195-196 from Williamson, H. (2003). The collector and researcher's guide to the Great War volume 2. small arms, munitions, militaria. Harwich: Anne Williamson. As seen for sale here http://www.amazon.co.uk/COLLECTOR-RE...ers+guide+book

Most of your questions are answered by reviewing these pages. I’d thought you’d prefer to “see” the information in print yourself, rather than having it told to you and then wondering (later) where it may have originated. Pay close attention to the very last line.

Njoy,

Lance

lee-enfield 1907 bayonet markings

A right point of view and neat information. Thanks a lot for answering. I am lucky to have a weapon that have served in such an elite unit. Yet I have one more question. Above of what appears to be a rack number, there is a number "2". What does that mean?

Greetings JustasR,

Great question, but I’ve no idea what the number two stamp refers too.

Regards,

Lance