Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Model 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to share

Article about: I picked up a fairly nice Model 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo dated 1910. It shows signs of being issued and carried but no signs of being used. The blade is in very good condition with no wear o

Default Model 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to share

I picked up a fairly nice Model 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo dated 1910. It shows signs of being issued and carried but no signs of being used. The blade is in very good condition with no wear on the cutting edge. The scabbard is marked and in good condition, showing signs of wear. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Model 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to shareModel 1904 Hospital Corps Bolo to share

MAP
    ?

A very nice example. I have one as well dated the same. But not in nearly as nice condition.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very cool Map. Thank you for adding to the thread. Great to see another 1910 dated example. I also find it intersting the fit the the scabbard is not that good. I thought only one maker for each. They could have had a meeting to discuss.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Very cool Map. Thank you for adding to the thread. Great to see another 1910 dated example. I also find it intersting the fit the the scabbard is not that good. I thought only one maker for each. They could have had a meeting to discuss.
    John
    Mine is all packed away for the house renovation but I think I do remember it being a bit loose in the scabbard. My serial number (if that is what it is) is ~900 away from yours so would assume they were produced around the same time. Maybe they knew each other? LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

NIce knife.
    I do not own one but I have handled more than a few. They are a big, substantial
    knife and always draw my attention when I see them at the shows.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I also find it intersting the fit the the scabbard is not that good.
    John
    IMO, the blade shape is the cause of that.
    You can not get a tight fit with this shape because the "tip" is larger than the rest of the blade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My issues with fit are the crossguard to the top of scabbard (Not sure of proper name for that piece. Throat?) Two heavy brass pieces that never mate too well.
    John

?

Nice bolos John and MAP. I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection but they seem to be very expensive. Hope you got a good deal on yours.

Alex