Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench Knife

Article about: Hello Friends, I recently acquired this "US M3 Case" trench knife. It is in fairly good condition especially for what I paid. Both the knife and scabbard are in very good condition

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Nice mk2 i believe, id leave it as is.
    Mk2 ? I do not understand.

William

Nice mk2 i believe, id leave it as is.
    Sorry, it is not a mk2 but an M3.

Thanks,

William

Hi it is a M3 mk2, the early one had the date on the blade, the mk2 (which you have) omitted the date, and the mk3 had the makers mark under the crossguard.

Hi it is a M3 mk2, the early one had the date on the blade, the mk2 (which you have) omitted the date, and the mk3 had the makers mark under the crossguard.
    I get you now. I have never heard them refereed to in this way. I was thinking a mk2 was a Navy knife. Thanks for the information.

Love these. A bit rough but still nice - and Case M3's seem to be a very
    desirable type. As to the grip, if there are spaces or loose pieces,
    I've wrapped string down in between the washers to tighten
    them up. Careful around the cracked ones.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Love these. A bit rough but still nice - and Case M3's seem to be a very
    desirable type. As to the grip, if there are spaces or loose pieces,
    I've wrapped string down in between the washers to tighten
    them up. Careful around the cracked ones.........
    Thanks Steve.

Hi mates,

in this thread:
    US M3 Fighting Knife

I have already asked whether inevitably and actually every U.S.M3 fighting knife / combat knife has been stamped with the Flaming Bomb.

In the www. I have now found various copies that are not stamped with this acceptance mark...

Today I received an U.S.M3 CASE combat knife and I don't know whether this is an original, manufactured until 1944.
    I know, this model is now being reproduced for the collector market.

Is my U.S.M3 combat knife an original manufactured before/until 1944?

I couldn't see a "flaming bomb" anywhere on my knife...

If this knife is a replica, I'm not really sad, since at least I consider the M8 B.M.CO. sheath to be an original and I also received an M1968 from the Bundeswehr together with the CASE, all for EUR 70.00 including shipping.

Thanks in advance,
    R.

New Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench Knife

Some more images:

New Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench KnifeNew Acquisition: US M3 Case Trench Knife

Our very experienced colleague Sleepwalker wrote the following to me in response to my question about the stamping with the "Flaming Bomb" elsewhere:

Hello,

all M3 purchased and issued by the US government have the "Flaming Bomb".

After WWII, manufacturer stocks that were no longer accepted by the US military were sold on the civilian market. These don't have a "Flaming Bomb"

Military-supplied M3 were also retired and sold. There the "Flaming Bomb" is deleted (grained, devious)

Greetings

Can't anyone else say anything about my U.S.M3 from CASE ?
    In my opinion it is an legit M3 combat knife from this, particular, manufacturer.

After the Second World War, among other things, stocks of this one (which had already been replaced by the M4 bayonet in 1944) were delivered to France (possibly even before 1945 ?).
    The French continued to use the M3 combat knife in their colonial wars and other military conflicts for decades afterwards.
    Perhaps this knife is also one of these?

I bought the knife from Germany, from the Ruhrgebiet (North Rhine-Westphalia).
    Belgium and France are not that far away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast