Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

P1907 Hooked Quillon.

Article about: Hi Everyone, I have had two P1907 Hooked Quillons in my collection for some time and always thought they were genuine but I would be interested in others opinions, I have posted photos of on

Default P1907 Hooked Quillon.

Hi Everyone, I have had two P1907 Hooked Quillons in my collection for some time and always thought they were genuine but I would be interested in others opinions, I have posted photos of one of them here for your consideration, will post the second one when I have done the photos. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P1907 Hooked Quillon.   P1907 Hooked Quillon.  

P1907 Hooked Quillon.   P1907 Hooked Quillon.  

?

It was possibly originally made with the hook, but it went through several rework/overhaul procedures, ref the date mark of 1928 and several inspection marks. I would expect the hook was removed during these. It appears to me someone welded a new hook back on later. Also not sure about the date of manufacturing stamp. Normally that is month and abbreviated year (‘xx). The first two digits for the month however appear to say “19”. And there appears to be some date stamp underneath, possibly 10 ‘18.

It does look as though the hook has been welded back in place.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks for looking and your replies gentlemen, I can see what you mean regarding the possible welding of the hook now I look closer.

?

On first look I agree with the others. Would be helpful to have close up, clear, straight on photos of both sides of the blade stamps, both sides of the pommel and both sides, top and bottom of the quillon.

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for looking and commenting. Based on the comments I am filing this one under repro/fake and it will remain in my collection or passed on as a repro if I ever part with it. Thanks again for looking and commenting.

Could Admins close this thread please ?