Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Randall Made Knives

Article about: Anyone collect Randall Made knives? Model 1, WWII era made or later. Model 2 as well.

Default Randall Made Knives

Anyone collect Randall Made knives? Model 1, WWII era made or later. Model 2 as well.

I can't say that I actively collect Randalls but I do have a Vietnam era #15.
    I would really like to get ahold of early #1
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Bought a model 1 recently, waiting for it to arrive. It's not war time. Also p/u a model 27, trail blazer. After seeing and holding the model 27, the quality is outstanding so the desire hit.

I will be working to get a 1940-45 produced model 1. now waiting for income to catch up to spending!

I look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Randalls are one of the best quality knives that you will find,
    That quality and their small production numbers also means that they are not cheap.
    gregM

myself around.

Also the wait time if you go direct. I read somewhere it is 7 years ordered from Randall if you order direct. If you are active military the time is considerably less.

With time not being on my side I am working through the secondary reseller market. Interesting thing is resellers, authorized dealers have a purchase program where they can order a certain amount annually and the amount is a small allocation. The model 2 I am thinking about the person I am working with says the arrival of that knife is 3-4 months out.

So far both I've bought came out to the near the same price if bought direct. The extra amount was quite negligible so I thought why wait.

Images of the model 1 are seen below.

This model 1 is a 7" stainless blade where the tip has a very tiny amount of greying. I thought if it is really bad I could send it to Randall for them to resurface the area. Seen in the attached image.

This example has nickel silver hilt, aluminum butt plate, commando style grip, and stacked leather washers for the grip

Apparently the knife was bought some time back, the owner passed away and the reseller obtained the knife in an estate sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Randall Made Knives   Randall Made Knives  

Randall Made Knives   Randall Made Knives  

Randall Made Knives  

Here is the model 27 trail blazer. I jumped on this one as once upon a time I had a Solingen made 5" hunting knife my mom gave me. She paid a hefty price for it in 1958, $8.00. I had the knife for years but it ended up getting lost in the ocean when my inflatable flipped over in shore break on Molokai. We used to camp on the NW side of the island to fish and catch lobster. I used the knife daily to clean fish and varying tasks. So I saw this and thought get it, it will be an heirloom to my son and hopefully one of his.

This model 27 is not stainless blade, but carbon steel. I can live with that as I really at this point have no plans to use it, only to display it in one of my show cases in my collection room.

The unique feature of this model is how the grip and end plate are worked together. The stag grip has irregular edges and the butt cam is cut to flow into the edges and uses a leather washer spacer in between, There are no ridges other than the stag grip and butt plate that were married to a perfect fit.

The cross guard is brass as is the butt plate.

This knife would make for a good combat companion or field companion as the blade if 5 3/4" and fits well into tight spaces if another sheath is used and designed not to carry the sharpening stone. Granted, it does have a flash about it reflecting light but that could be subdued if a person wanted to carry this into combat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Randall Made Knives   Randall Made Knives  

Randall Made Knives  

Both those are good looking knives but I really like that #1.

You can see my Vietnam era model 15 in post #5 here----
    Fighting Knives & Daggers
    gregM

myself around.

MAP
    ?

Gorgeous blades gent's
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)