Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917

Article about: Hello. Today I am showing A.C.Co. trench knife. Some time ago I showed such a knife in another thread but I did not buy it because it was not in good condition. Now I have come across severa

?

Default Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917

Hello. Today I am showing A.C.Co. trench knife. Some time ago I showed such a knife in another thread but I did not buy it because it was not in good condition. Now I have come across several examples that appear to be in good condition, but as always red flags and flaws come out on closer inspection.
    1.This knife has no scabbard which means it may have been assembled from parts and no scabbard was added because the original scabbard is expensive.
    2.The second red flag is that the metal parts of the knife appear to have been painted recently.
    In the same auction, there is another such example with a scabbard, but the scabbard has no manufacturer's mark on the leather part. Added a photo of the scabbard. Is a scabbard correct without such a marking? Please give your opinions!
    Thanks Georgi.Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. 1917

Default IMHO, knife is an original. Scabbard appears correct as well, but I'd want to see the Jewell 1918 Stamp.

Greetings Georgi,

I do not view any originality issues/concerns with the knife you have shared. Scabbard appears a fine original as well, but as one cannot fully view all of the markings in the single shared image it remains a definite maybe (that the scabbard is completely original or not).

Best,

V/r Lance

I agree with being a good bayonet and scabbard.
    John

?

Hello.
    Thanks for the opinions.
    Unfortunately I was unable to win this trench knife. There was some mistake and the auctioneer hit the hammer and sold the knife without the usual three or so warnings.
    This is how it turned out for about ten lots.
    The scabbard has only two markings. Before the auction I asked for pictures of the markings on the leather part and the markings on the Ń‚hroat of the scabbard because they were not visible in the pictures shown. The seller replied that there were only two markings. This scabbard is from another trench knife in slightly worse condition.The knife from thisd thread was without scabbard.
    I hope to be able to buy such a knife soon.
    Regards Georgi.