Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917

Article about: Hello. Today I am showing another trench knife. After researching the forum info on these knives I noticed a key detail was incorrect. The wooden grip does not fit well with the metal part.

?

Default Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917

Hello.
    Today I am showing another trench knife. After researching the forum info on these knives I noticed a key detail was incorrect. The wooden grip does not fit well with the metal part. This grip fit is shown on fake trench knives on the forum. I don't have a good picture of a pommel screw to see if there is any disassembly damage.
    Please give your opinion!
    Thanks Georgi.Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917Trench knife A.C.CO. USA 1917

?

Hello.
    I looked at a few more examples from this manufacturer. The handle is definitely made differently. I'll wait for a better example.
    Georgi.

Greetings Georgi,

Knife's wooden handle has dried out, which has caused the noted poor fit. That said, the knife is original (& Scabbard too), yet I would recommend you pass on this example as it isn't in the condition most collectors would desire. These knives are regularly offered for sale in much better condition as such, I would recommend taking a pass on the posted example not due to originality, but due to the overall condition. Judging from the other items you have shared with this forum, it appears to my eye you appreciate collector's grade objects versus the "salty" conditioned ones.

Best,

V/r Lance