Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife

Article about: Hello. Today I am showing a U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife. I've been wanting to buy such a knife for some time, but I still can't. After the research I did I think the knife looks about rig

?

Default U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife

Hello. Today I am showing a U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife. I've been wanting to buy such a knife for some time, but I still can't.
    After the research I did I think the knife looks about right. I am concerned that the manufacturer's logo has defects at "L" and "F" that I did not notice in other examples. I don't know if this is normal. The grip fits well on the metal part. The pommel rivet looks good. I don't have pictures of the scabbard markings but if everything else is correct I will ask the seller.
    Please give your opinion!
    Thanks Georgi.U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife

Default It's fine, no red flags.

Greetings Georgi,

While I do view the logo's defects that you have mentioned, I wholly believe the knife is original. Over time, I have viewed lightly stamped L.F.& C.'s logos, very deeply stamped, and even one example of a L.F.& C's logo that was double stamped. As such, the observed slight anomalies on this shared example's logo IMHO, fall well within the variances of what I'd expect to see on a period made piece. Would need a closer look at the scabbard to determine authenticity, but from what in general I can see of it, it too, looks promising.

Best,

V/r Lance

I agree with Lance, this appears to be a good example.

Actually, it looks like a very nice example with a beautiful frog with almost all of its paint. The frog/scabbard is often missing with this trench dagger and you have a nice one here.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Hello again.
    Thanks for the comprehensive answers. I have requested additional photos of the four scabbard markings. I will post when I get them.
    Regards Georgi.

?

Hello again. Today I received pictures of the markings on the scabbard. I think it has all the necessary correct markings.
    Please give your opinion!
    Thanks Georgi.U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife

Greetings Georgi,

All is as one would expect when viewing an original example, no issues from me.

Best,

V/r Lance

Very nice condition trench knife. Congrats.
    John

?

Hello. The knife has been won.
    Thanks for the opinions.
    Regards Georgi.

?

Hello.
    I received the knife ten days ago but due to the holidays I haven't had time to post. Here's a few more pics to round out the thread.
    Regards Georgi.U.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knifeU.S.LF&C 1917 trench knife