Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co

Article about: Hello, I've been looking for hours trying to find one of these. Very similar to an FS dagger but has leather bound handle. The blade is marked Chris Johnson & co Sheffield England. Close

?

Default Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co

Hello,

I've been looking for hours trying to find one of these. Very similar to an FS dagger but has leather bound handle. The blade is marked Chris Johnson & co Sheffield England. Closest I can find is a boy scout knife (going off the handle) can anyone tell me anything about this dagger please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co   Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co  

Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co   Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co  

Unknown FS type dagger made by Chris Johnson & co  

They were private purchase, and have nothing to do with an FS other than they are a dagger.
    I believe they were intended as fighting knives but sold to the public as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Adding to what Ralph has said, these style of knives were private purchase and could have been bought as fighting knives. But equally they could have been bought post war as general purpose hunting knives or carried by boy scouts from the late 1940's through to the 1950's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Southern & Richardson made a similar fighting knife during WW2.