Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US Corpsman knife help please

Article about: I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago. It has the USMC marking but no makers mark. This feels like an original item and when reseaching I found some were not maker marked but could not

Default US Corpsman knife help please

I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago. It has the USMC marking but no makers mark. This feels like an original item and when reseaching I found some were not maker marked but could not ID the maker that missed marking. The scabbard is not in the best condition but not a bad example. Thoughts and opinions are appreciate.
    John

US Corpsman knife help pleaseUS Corpsman knife help pleaseUS Corpsman knife help pleaseUS Corpsman knife help pleaseUS Corpsman knife help pleaseUS Corpsman knife help please

MAP
    ?

A great looking example. I rarely see these.

Can't help with the ID however
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

She looks good to me, great find.
    Again, I lot it a lot.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Default Manufactured by Clyde.

Greetings John,

This is too easy. Your example was made by Clyde. The actual maker's mark for their variant was a very lightly coated (acid etched?) manufacture's mark, which appears on the same side as the U.S.M.C. (see red arrow below). This particular manufacture's mark rubs off quite easily with continued use and often disappears completely.

Best Regards,

V/r Lance

Double click on image to enlarge

US Corpsman knife help please

Thank you for all of the replies. I noticed that example but have no idea the marking was so light and easily destroyed. Much appreciated Lance. I had to take another look at mine to see if I just missed it since I was not expecting to see it. It is gone from my example. Thanks again.
    John

?

It's a nice one, shows some use. Missing the hooks on the sheath