Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WILKINSON / PALL MALL P.1907 bayonet

Article about: Greetings all, A standard P07 bayonet to share today. I thought this one a little interesting as its a Wilkinson Pall Mall marked example. The manufacturer 'Wilkinson' used two ricasso stamp

Default WILKINSON / PALL MALL P.1907 bayonet

Greetings all,

A standard P07 bayonet to share today. I thought this one a little interesting as its a Wilkinson Pall Mall marked example. The manufacturer 'Wilkinson' used two ricasso stampings during manufacture; 'Wilkinson' and 'Wilkinson Pall Mall. This is not a particularly rare weapon as they made millions but to my knowledge these Pall Mall marked examples were only made during the last two years of World War I (1916 - 1918). This example was made in June 1916 - And from my research, interestingly, this one appears to be one of the first made with the Pall Mall marking. The fact there exists two Wilkinson markings suggests at least two production lines during this period, perhaps this began due to increasing demand for bayonets by 1916, a year which witnessed terrible loss of life on the Western Front.

Does anybody recognise the J in diamond mark on the scabbard?

The very best regards!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WILKINSON / PALL MALL P.1907 bayonet   WILKINSON / PALL MALL P.1907 bayonet  

WILKINSON / PALL MALL P.1907 bayonet   WILKINSON / PALL MALL P.1907 bayonet  

I don't know about the "J" but the webbing frog is standard WW2 British and commonwealth issue. These bayonets often saw service in both wars as many SMLE's were used in the second world war.