Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Brazilian Navy Officer Dagger

Article about: Hi, This model was made by the famous factory of swords and daggers of Brazil, "AEC" (Abramo Eberle & Company) and has its mark on the blade. The blade is opened by a safety bu

Default WW2 Brazilian Navy Officer Dagger

Hi,

This model was made by the famous factory of swords and daggers of Brazil, "AEC" (Abramo Eberle & Company) and has its mark on the blade.

The blade is opened by a safety button and on both sides of the "stiletto" blade were engraved naval motifs that are fully preserved, as well as the coat of arms of the Republic of Brazil with 21 Stars (1st to 3rd Republic from 1889 to 1946) and "EUB" (United States of Brazil) in the spelling used until the end of the 1940s.

The metal parts are made of solid brass, like the old German navy daggers and the sheath was made of leather and solid brass pieces as well and possesses the "dourada M18" seal.

The initials of the Brazilian officer that this belonged were engraved in the scabbard.

The handle was made of a hard plastic material, bakelite type. They all crack over time. The oldest Imperials came from Germany and the grip was horn.

Its measures are: 43cm and the blade of 29.5cm

?

Nice Relict!EUB=Estados unidos do Brasil

?

Default My Dagger

Someone gave me a dagger almost exactly like the one on this thread, except mine came in a 6-1/8 inch long presentation box, and is only 4-3/4 inches long in the sheath. Do you know who would have been given this presentation dagger, and why?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Brazilian Navy Officer Dagger   WW2 Brazilian Navy Officer Dagger  

It's clearly very nicely made with presentation box, you would assume it was indeed a presentation of some sort. Possibly related to Navy officer training classes. Any functional use can only be as a letter opener.