Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 british naval sword

Article about: !!The sword is named thats why i need help.Looking for details on this officer.It reads TO MAA JONES FROM SHIPS COMPANY H.M.S. PRINCESS ASTRID 19/3/43. ps I know most of the history of the s

Default Ww2 british naval sword

!!The sword is named thats why i need help.Looking for details on this officer.It reads TO MAA JONES FROM SHIPS COMPANY H.M.S. PRINCESS ASTRID 19/3/43. ps I know most of the history of the ship ie d-day etc etc Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 british naval sword   Ww2 british naval sword  

Ww2 british naval sword   Ww2 british naval sword  

Last edited by outpost; 10-22-2011 at 03:41 PM.

kc1
    ?

Default Re: Ww2 british naval sword

MAA = Master at Arms, i believe this is the ships 'policeman', useful for when shore leave parties returned the worst for wear. A senior non commissioned rank but entitled to carry a sword, the usual remit of an officer.

Rick Smallman
    ?

Hi outpost,

A group of like minded people including me are researching landing ships.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the photographs of the MAA Sword for use in the section of HMS Prinses Astrid?

If it is not asking too much what is the history of the sword. Was it left to you by a family member perhaps.

I am in touch with one of the very few crew members still alive who served on her in WW2.

Regards