Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?

Article about: Hello What are your thoughts on this Ka-Bar Knife? It was offered to me. I don't like it. Thank you Tony

?

Default WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?

Hello
    What are your thoughts on this Ka-Bar Knife?
    It was offered to me.
    I don't like it.
    Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?   WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?  

WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?   WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?  

Looks like an original knife that has some type of coating applied to the blade other than original. Looks like an earlier USMC marking. I would not buy since good condition knives are pretty easy to find still today for less than $120 US. Collecting them is fun since there are many, many variations.
    John

I guess they reproduce everything, no that is not a proper marking for a Ka-Bar. To big and heavy. Blade doesn't appear to have Ka-Bar quality either.WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?

It is a current production KA-BAR with a powder coated blade, it may have been painted on top of that, in poor condition.
    In the first photo, 4 of the 5 are KA-BARs, and 1 is a Camillus. The top 2 are war time and the rest are post war.
    Ralph.

WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?

Left, war time. Middle, post war, parkerized blade. Right, post war, powder coated bade.

WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello
    Thank you
    I really appreciate it
    Tony

CBH
    ?

These Ka-Bar reissues make great camp knives, the handle is nicer than the Ontario Knife Co. new issue, and they sharpen up nice.
    I'd clean the plaint off the blade, sheaths are also available at some surplus stores.

Quote by CBH View Post
    These Ka-Bar reissues make great camp knives, the handle is nicer than the Ontario Knife Co. new issue, and they sharpen up nice.
    I'd clean the plaint off the blade, sheaths are also available at some surplus stores.
    I agree, used the one in the middle with the parkerized blade for many years fishing and camping.
    Just never abused it.
    Ralph.

WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by tony75 View Post
    Hello
    What are your thoughts on this Ka-Bar Knife?
    It was offered to me.
    I don't like it.
    Thank you
    Tony
    I'm new to KABAR knives. Got my first one about 2 months ago, but this video (link below) gave me basic knowledge to recognize WW2 production from after WW2 production.

YouTube

Quote by Dabac View Post
    I'm new to KABAR knives. Got my first one about 2 months ago, but this video (link below) gave me basic knowledge to recognize WW2 production from after WW2 production.

YouTube
    So, pretty much the same info as I posted here?
    With a little info on the sheaths as well.
    Ralph.

Those are very helpful photos Ralph.