Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Which WW2 USA Bayonet?

Article about: Hi guys, I have just acquired this bayonet and I need some help in identifying it. I have done the usual google searches and I have found some with the same handle, some with the same scabba

phillothehill
    ?

Default Which WW2 USA Bayonet?

Hi guys,

I have just acquired this bayonet and I need some help in identifying it. I have done the usual google searches and I have found some with the same handle, some with the same scabbard and some with the same markings but none with everything the same.

The markings are U.F.H. U.S. 1943 and they appear on both the scabbard and the base of the blade.

The handle is plastic or Bakelite and the blade is 215mm or 8.7in long and has a double groove running the length.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks, Phill

Images;

Which WW2 USA Bayonet?Which WW2 USA Bayonet?Which WW2 USA Bayonet?Which WW2 USA Bayonet?

Get your money back. This is erm, not right in any sense. The pommel, the locking part, looks to be from a US M7 and no US bayo ever had 2 fullers. Here are a couple of sites to help.

Bayonet Identification Guide Index

Bayonet Points

I know there has been a lot of newly made reproductions on the market, and I think this is one of them.

I've never seen a US bayonet with a blade like that!...

?

Not even a reproduction as it is nothing that ever existed. My guess would be Chinese made. Some of their stuff is getting better, but a lot of it, like this one, only barely resembles a bayonet. I would try and get your money back.

Jim

phillothehill
    ?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Get your money back. This is erm, not right in any sense. The pommel, the locking part, looks to be from a US M7 and no US bayo ever had 2 fullers. Here are a couple of sites to help.

Bayonet Identification Guide Index

Bayonet Points

I know there has been a lot of newly made reproductions on the market, and I think this is one of them.
    Thank you very much for your help guys, I had a feeling that something was not right. Luckily I paid for a box of items at an auction and this was part of the lot so I have not lost any money per say. Certainly an interesting start to my experience in this forum

P