Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cossack shashka for review

Article about: I’ve been offered this sword by another collector and would appreciate any opinions as to it’s authenticity/desirability. From a quick search through the web it looks ok, but Soviet item

?

Default Cossack shashka for review

I’ve been offered this sword by another collector and would appreciate any opinions as to it’s authenticity/desirability. From a quick search through the web it looks ok, but Soviet items are not my area of expertise.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cossack shashka for review   Cossack shashka for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cossack shashka for review
    P
    Many

?

Anyone? A couple more photos:

Cossack shashka for reviewCossack shashka for review

?

Found these photos of shashka'1939. The letters of stamps look the same. There should be "15 кг" (means 15 kg) on the blade, check it, cause it looks a little bit like "15 иг", but maybe it's just because of the quality of your picture.

?

Thanks very much McSeam. Looking closer, to me it appears to be "кг" however it seems there's a knick in the blade or residue in the stamp imprint that makes it difficult to tell.

?

OK, right stamp is a good sign though it's not a warranty. I'm not an expert, I've found the pictures here: Советская кавалерийская шашка обр.1927 года - Советское холодное оружие - SAMMLER.RU
    The site is in Russian, but there are a lot of pictures there. I mean the pictures of genuine shashkas. You can compare by yourself. Good luck!

?

Quote by McSeam View Post
    OK, right stamp is a good sign though it's not a warranty. I'm not an expert, I've found the pictures here: Советская кавалерийская шашка обр.1927 года - Советское холодное оружие - SAMMLER.RU
    The site is in Russian, but there are a lot of pictures there. I mean the pictures of genuine shashkas. You can compare by yourself. Good luck!
    Many thanks! Very helpful information in that thread. So far I'm thinking this example is original, but welcome any more opinions.