Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help w/M38 rusksack/backpack?

Article about: Was curious if the Model 1938 pack, the later one with canvas straps are being reproduced. I have run across one for sale, little pricey, but would be nice to have. Also, are they common and

Default Help w/M38 rusksack/backpack?

Was curious if the Model 1938 pack, the later one with canvas straps are being reproduced. I have run across one for sale, little pricey, but would be nice to have. Also, are they common and roughly what they are worth in good to very good condition?

Also, would this model be representative for an early/mid war display? Thanks, Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help w/M38 rusksack/backpack?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help w/M38 rusksack/backpack?

Hi Mark, yes these are being reproduced in Russia and Belarus.

The type with canvas webbing straps are the M41.

They are rare and sell for around £250.

Best just for an early war display.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Markratz1 View Post
    Was curious if the Model 1938 pack, the later one with canvas straps are being reproduced. I have run across one for sale, little pricey, but would be nice to have. Also, are they common and roughly what they are worth in good to very good condition?
    Also, would this model be representative for an early/mid war display? Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

Good to see you here. You need to watch these packs as they are often field modified by removing certain details. I would not pay a premium price for one that has been stripped down. They are rare, but not impossible. Drop me a PM or give me a call and I'll be glad to help you out with this one.

Thanks guys, and Mike I will follow up with you on this one.

Mark