Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mapcase plus contents

Article about: Hello all! Here's my latest arrival, a well used M41 mapcase with some contents I gathered throughout the year. Both compass and odometer are wartime examples and so are the maps and booklet

Default Mapcase plus contents

Hello all!

Here's my latest arrival, a well used M41 mapcase with some contents I gathered throughout the year. Both compass and odometer are wartime examples and so are the maps and booklets. One of them is a 1943 dated military manual for Topography in the field. The other two are both wartime notebooks of which the second has quite some writing in it. The majority of language is in Estionian and some notes have dates.

I just wonder, what is supposed to go in the two small pockets on the innerflap of the mapcase? They are too small for the odometer so a wild guess is that one is for an eraser maybe? If anyone has some wartime photos of how the inside is filled and wants to share these I would be very grateful!!
    Another question is where I can find wartime pencils to go with the mapcase? And how to identify wartime pencils?

Thanks a lot for feedback and answers and possible leads to pencils and eraser etc!!

Cheers,
    Marcel

Mapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contents

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mapcase plus contents
    P
    Many

And here's some photos from the booklets:

Mapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contents

What a great set you have created Marcel

Do you have the book 'The Soviet Soldier'? It may indicate what goes in those pockets. I have the book but I'm at work at the moment

I have just put a bid in for a wartime compass , fingers crossed !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I do have that book yes and quite some more books but unfortunately none of these show the full contents. The usual things shown are only some maps and an odometer, that's it. It's quite a struggle to find some answers.

Fingers crossed! Hope you get it!

Apart from the compass shown above which should go in the mapcase I also have a magnetic compass for direction finding, still with its original wristband. This one is made by AYRKKA (Мастерские артиллерийские управления Рабоче-Крестьянской Красной Армии (Masterskye Artilleriskoye Upravlenye Raboche-Krestianskoy Krasnoy Army). Is this the type of compass you are bidding on or the one for mapdrawing/measuring?

Mapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contents
    Mapcase plus contentsMapcase plus contents

That's a nice example !

Yes its very similar but not that maker

I will gets some photos up if I can get it at the right price

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I'm sure IMCS were offering a wartime soviet pencil not long ago. Not sure how they identified it as such.

Correct, I remember them selling a red pencil. I am not sure how thet identified the pencil. I do know that more than once they've made mistakes with Soviet postwar items being sold as wartime. Will see them tomorow so will ask him.