Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin Nagant ammo pouch ID

Article about: Hello, I got this pouch together with a 1943 Mosin Nagant rifle, but the pouch looks too new to me. Is it a WW2 issue pouch, or is it a post-war pouch? Thanks, Chris

Default Mosin Nagant ammo pouch ID

Hello,
    I got this pouch together with a 1943 Mosin Nagant rifle, but the pouch looks too new to me.
    Is it a WW2 issue pouch, or is it a post-war pouch?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant ammo pouch ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin Nagant ammo pouch ID
    P
    Many

Hi the date is at the bottom of the stamp looks to be 62r 1962 ? its hard to read the numbers

It is indeed 1962 (62r).

These pouches made from "Kirza" are all postwar issue. Wartime pouches are made from real leather.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks guys, this pouch will then move to the "for sale" box

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is indeed 1962 (62r).

These pouches made from "Kirza" are all postwar issue. Wartime pouches are made from real leather.

Cheers, Ade.
    Production of 2 section pouches (mod. 1937) was stoped at the beginning of 1941.
    Besides, small quantity of experimantal "kirza" pouches (with combined leather\kirza elements) were produced in 1941. But they looked another way, than post war examples
    Mosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch ID

Since summer 1941, only universal SVT\Mosin pouches were produced, production of this type was stoped in 1942.
    Mosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch ID

In october, 1941, simplified Mosin pocuhes were put into production, and were produced untill the en of the war. Mostly they are from canvas, but I observed leather and artificial leather
    Mosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch ID

Main GPW Mosin pouch type - chest pouch (bandolier). Since 1941 they also have pocket for SVT magazine
    Mosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch IDMosin Nagant ammo pouch ID

Some very nice items you have there. Thanks for showing them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!