Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mosin Nagant scopes???

Article about: NICE SCOPES. It would be close in value between JUST the SVT mount and the PEM scope. You are missing the base for the PE scope, but the rails and catch were integreated into the SVT. Its al

?

Default Mosin Nagant scopes???

Hello,

I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather at the end of the war.

He brought back two scopes, which I believe were used on (or intended for) Mosin Nagant sniper rifles. The larger one has the date 1936 stamped on it. The smaller one has the date 1941 stamped on it. I took the pictures before I cleaned them up a bit, so they look a little rough.

I appreciate any information that anyone might have about them.

Thanks,
    Gaines
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant scopes???   Mosin Nagant scopes???  

Mosin Nagant scopes???   Mosin Nagant scopes???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin Nagant scopes???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mosin Nagant scopes???

I'm not too sure about the first one, however the second one is a scope from an SVT40 Sniper rifle, very nice

Thanks

Danny

Hello Gaines,
    I moved your thread to the USSR 1917-1991 forum
    Hopefully you'll get accurate answers here...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi Gaines, I have not had chance top say "Welcome" to you yet, so welcome to the forum! Glad you are enjoying it here.

You have two very desirable items. Danny is correct with his ID of the SVT40 semi auto rifle scope and mount.

The other is, like you thought, for the M91/30 Mosin Nagant rifle. This is the first pattern of scope issue. Known as the PE. Some good info can be found here:

Rifles Of The Red Star

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the information everyone; it is very helpful. Also, thanks for moving my post JPhilip, and thanks for the welcome Adrian. Adrian, the link you posted is actually the website that made me think these scopes might be for the Mosin Nagant!

Thanks again,
    Gaines

Hi Gaines, glad you had already found the site I recommended. It is nice you did a bit of research yourself. So many people just don't bother.

They are wonderful scopes.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Get some expert advice before you "clean" them. They are worth some good sized bucks so you don't want to mess them up!

Tim

?

Thanks Tim! I just used a soft cloth and some rem oil, to prevent further corrosion.

Gaines

Very nice samples!
    How did your dad come in possession of those scopes. I would not mind hearing the history behind it.
    Both are very rare items and seems that they are in VG condition.

?

Hey James,

I'm really not sure where my grandfather found these scopes. I have had no success tracking down the origin of his items, via his journal, other than a reference to spending the night in a factory on a particular date (he once told me that he got some of the items from a factory). I can accurately identify some of these items (in my opinion), due to their condition. However, I wouldn't expect two Soviet scopes to be in a German factory, so they are still a mystery.

Thanks,
    Gaines

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast