Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook

Article about: So, I'am starting here with some of the filters which you can recognize post war or war time. The first one is comparision of the 30s years BN- type masks. first is 32 year T5 filter, then 1

?

Default RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook

So, I'am starting here with some of the filters which you can recognize post war or war time.
    The first one is comparision of the 30s years BN- type masks.

first is 32 year T5 filter, then 1937 dated, transitional filter, and then TCH for 08 mask ( or mod 08)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook   RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook  

Attached Images Attached Images RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook

Then all war time issues of the next generation of the filters. Most rare is BSS LZ, started to produce in 1943 year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook   RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook  

?

MO-2 filters 43-45 production, this type of filters must be also postwar production, but I've seen the latest- dated 1945 year

?

number 1 is early type, but both dated 1943 year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook  

?

This is very similar war time MO 2 and post war 1950's era EO12 filter. As you can see there a seam on the post war modification and a completely another type of back part

?

MT 4, different years of production and different factories 1940, 41 and 43 year. The 43 I think is the last year for MT 4 filters
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook  

?

Childs gasmask filter D-5, 1944 year started

?

Very rare gasmask filter made in Soviet Estonia marked ARS 41, Arsenal factory. The gasmask M 40 was designed for Estonian army, but never produced for Estonian Army, the filters must be also English type, but the benches to produce them was not ordered from England, after Estonia was occupied by USSR, the factory got bench from USSR of old T5 filter and recompared . This type of masks was produced only in 1940-41 years for Red Army dislocated in Estonia ( to save a costs for logistics). Unfortunately I have not a gasmask itself, but it's a copy of British one.

This is great info for anyone in the West. I have just found out my filter (1943) is an MO2. I did not even know that before

Cheers, Ade.

Dimas,

What do you think of the gray painted filters? I suspect these may be so painted due to civilian defense use maybe... I say this based on observations. You probably know of the cache of maskes that was secured by our friends Mr. Gladkov and Gaidai a couple years ago. These masks came from such a depot and all had gray painted filters. Further, the masks in that lot.... at least all the ones that I got to see... all had numerous factory repairs from leak testing. These repairs were made of small circles or disks of mask rubber that were glued over the leak holes. The masks in this group all had 4 to 5 or more such repairs. Much more than other masks I own or have handled. I wonder if they were sent to civilian defense use as unfit for military equipment due to the large number of repair actions on each mask.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast