Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian Medic pack German re-issue

Article about: Guys, I said I would put some photos of this on. It is quite unusual in that it has been re-issued to the Germans at some point. As far as I can make out it is dated 1940, all of the Russian

Smile Russian Medic pack German re-issue

Guys,
    I said I would put some photos of this on. It is quite unusual in that it has been re-issued to the Germans at some point. As far as I can make out it is dated 1940, all of the Russian field dressings are 1940 too. There are also German, French and Italian Items. There is a short German contents list outlining the captured items. I spotted it at a flohmarkt as it came on the table, what caught my eye was the German gas mask tin strap. It is well made and has ink stamps numbering each internal compartment and the two manufacture or issue stamps? on the inside of the flap. It cost a whole €4 so had to be taken after a brief glance at contents, it wasn't until I got home that I discovered the packing list which made my day.

Regards Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Medic pack German re-issue   Russian Medic pack German re-issue  

Russian Medic pack German re-issue   Russian Medic pack German re-issue  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Medic pack German re-issue
    P
    Many

Default Re: Russian Medic pack German re-issue

Hi Jock, yet another Soviet bargain!

Cheers, Ade.

Wow with continence, nice!

-Justin

Ade,

Sadly the three item I have shown on site are the extent of my Russian gear. I will be more alert to it now, I shudder to think what I have thrown out of the way to get to some German item! Perhaps you have a picture list of basic Russian items that I might find, I can always keep an eye open for it.

Regards Jock

Wonderful find, Jock. Incredible to know the bag passed through so many hands and nationalities.

I have started a thread of basic pieces of soviet gear, so it can be useful to for us to recognize them and know if they are wartime or not. I am sure you will be able to find many in your area´s flea markets, that you previously ignored.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ussr-...equipment.html

Regards,

Gus

?

Nice idea Gus, you can create a blog about that, and we'll suply you with the pictures!

Jock, Very nice Beute Medic Pack, newer saw a trophee medic bags. Iyt's interesting and all the content is period made. Nice one!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Nice idea Gus, you can create a blog about that, and we'll suply you with the pictures!

Jock, Very nice Beute Medic Pack, newer saw a trophee medic bags. Iyt's interesting and all the content is period made. Nice one!
    Dimas,

Will get to work on it starting this weekend.

Regards,

Gus

Nice medic pack ! How does it look underneath - The closing leather straps ? How does the carrying strap look like ?

I have a very similar bag, but with web straps. I thought it could be newer than yours, because no dates was visible and web straps felt post war. But after long examination i found something on the tip of the closing strap, can this be the year of manufacture ?

This dated metal tip is typical of post war Polish medical bags made in wartime Soviet style. Often these post war bags have metal tips with early dates. Either the parts were surplus or the dies were not modifued post war. These same tips can be found on prewar Polish field gear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast