MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper

Article about: Hello, I recently got this out of a auction lot I picked up from Herman Historica with a friend of mine (it is from a somewhat known collection), we split the lot up 50/50 this staying in my

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    An interesting item. In this tread you can read about the research of a Soviet ID capsule that was researched a while back

Soviet WW2 bakelite ID Capsule with content

Best,

Jan
    Jan,

Yeah i saw yours given by the Soviet POW to the Finnish soldier... Another incredible Story of an item... Its really sad that that guy didnt survive the war, or rather the POW camp either.
    Can only hope his family wasnt left in the unknown about his fate.

Best regards.
    - Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Kalilaska118 View Post
    Dude, its not illegal, rather ethical or moral issues. There are still a lot of MIA soldiers and people think You are tomb defiler or criminal. Normally noone allowed to exhumate except for some authorities, Ithink same is in your country, too.
    Ig You need it I can try to find original capsule for You in Europe but dont guarantee original card inside
    Calm down all good... No need to worry i said im Not buying stuff taken of MIA guys... I just asked if its illegal to sell / trade that stuff in russia... Not if i ask some russian Dealers about them and they can get in trouble or so, AGAIN: NOT FOR ONE THAT WAS GRAVE ROBBED, one where the soldier returned back home after the war or gifted his capsule away or so etc.

But thanks for explaining it further anyhow... Ill appreciate it.

?

I found this tag here yesterday on a russian auction site, apparently NKVD ???? Is this legit... What can be said about this one here... I did notice this is still full length so seems the solider here returned home after the war or didnt use his capsule.

I would highly appreciate all Input on this one here again.

Best regards.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper   Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper  

Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper   Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper  

He survived. There are 10 documents mentioning him.

?

Quote by Kalilaska118 View Post
    He survived. There are 10 documents mentioning him.
    Thanks for looking into him im happy he got to return home after the war, could you post the links for the stuff you found about him (i dont want to ask for more of you) i can try to translate the Rest myself, i would like to read a little into his Story, know which unit he Served with etc.

Np dude. Check here: Лившиц Зелик Аронович :: Память народа
    Finished war as first sergeant, served at military chemical warhauses, it means at rear, was awarded with For War Merit medal and For Leningrad Defence medal. The most interesting document is award list for Military Merit. It lets U understand who he was.
    Shortly, Mr. Lifschitz is awarded for perfectly fulfilling his duties despite of poor eyesight, reading and discussing newspapers with mates etc.

?

Thank you so much, appreciate it

Quote by byBen View Post
    I need to ask you some stuff though, you seem to know quite a bit and I want to learn, lol:
    What I’m curios about is what you said about a portion of the ID goes to the family and a portion goes to the military, so normally in a capsule like this there is 2 piece of paper inside???? Or they rip it apart and one goes to family and one goes to military???? Is my piece of paper fully / all there????
    Hopefully this video will clear things up a bit; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMnTQlflvTk

The case of Savelij Abramovich Arest (Савелий Абрамович Арест) is tricky. Assuming Pamyat Naroda, he is MIA and it is unknown what became of him after his missing.
    If he was made a POW by the Germans then there is a possibility that he is listed somewhere in a German POW archive.
    So the only thing you could do is start an investigation to verify the authenticity of the ID.

?

Thanks for sharing that video I highly appreciate it, super super interesting… I watched it despite me not understanding a single word of Russian.

As for your concerns, I do not really know what good that’s gonna do, we established he was a political commissar so he would have not been taken POW in the first place… maybe captured alive? Yes that’s possible, but not a POW... And even if he would have died regularly in combat that still doesn’t say anything about the capsules authenticity… it is still entirely possible the capsule was took by a German soldier as a souvenir from the commissars remains, sadly stuff like that happened too would not be the first tag of that sort in my collection.

Best regards.
    - Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3