Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper

Article about: Hello, I recently got this out of a auction lot I picked up from Herman Historica with a friend of mine (it is from a somewhat known collection), we split the lot up 50/50 this staying in my

?

Default Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper

Hello,
    I recently got this out of a auction lot I picked up from Herman Historica with a friend of mine (it is from a somewhat known collection), we split the lot up 50/50 this staying in my bunch… I would love to know more about this soldier maybe someone can help me research it aswell… or point me in the right direction to research it????

I would greatly appreciate all help!!!!
    Best regards.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper
    P
    Many

Nice item Ben

I would love one of these in my collection!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ben, if you make a bigger pic from the name than I can help and try to find the person in the online archives. It shows quite small on my phone unfortunately.

I will give this a try tomorrow. Need to consult my expert for Russian war documents
    The writing is difficult to make out in some parts, but we have a name , year of birth, name of mother and address ( the soldier came from Leningrad). Maybe not much to work with, but it is a super cool document , to be honest.
    Would love one of those.

Here we go :

Last Name Arest
    First name Savelij
    Father's name Abramovich
    So, his name is Savelij Abramovich Arest

Military occupation
    Political Leader (also called a Politruk or Comissar)
    Born in 1904
    City Leningrad

Address of family (here his mother)
    Name of mother Anna Illlarionova Uchanova
    City Leningrad
    Road Prospect Karla Liebknechta, house 16 (?), flat 82
    Recruited Sverdlovsk RVK (Local military comissariat)

All in Russian:

name Арест Савелий Абрамович
    Military occupation Политрук (= Политический Руководитель)
    Mother's name Уханова Анна Илларионовна
    City г. Ленинград
    Recruitment place Свердловский РВК (Районный Военный Комиссариат)

As a politruk, it should be possible to find him, there were a lot less of those functions than normal soldiers !
    Fascinating document, thanks for sharing !!!

?

Ok i made more photos for you guys, see attached.

Woolgar, thanks for your nice words

baerchen, thanks for your help I’ll appreciate it plenty (also considering you wrote it in Russian and the translation that’s good for me to print out via copy paste), Wow so he was a commissar like the guys the Wehrmacht got orders to shoot upon capture???? That’s fascinating, I just hope he did not meet that fate…

I already got exited upon seeing the capsule wasn’t empty, but I couldn’t have imagined it’s such a awesome one too.

Marcel, thanks for your link I’ll include the document you shared here for all to see… so his information is partially hidden / private or so.

Is it possible to take this research further???? Would love to know more… especially what unit was he attached to would be amazing to know.

Best regards, and thanks for all the help.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper   Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper  

?

That’s the file Marcel found:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian WW2 ID Capsule with Paper  

The link I provided gives all available information. The rest is still classified (or still not uploaded to the digital archives, though I expect it to be still classified).
    It says: Воинская часть Слуцко-Колпинский укрепленный район which is: Military unit Slutsko-Kolpinsky fortified area.

It says furthermore he went missing in december 1941. See document анкета (questionnaire) and алфавитнаяа карточка (alphabetical card):

He's # 396 on the list:

That's it for now and I'm afraid not much more will be found. Or hopefully someone with better knowledge of researching in Russian language could uncover some bits more? But being a politruk I am afraid that's it.

?

Marcel,
    Wow ok so he was killed in action or captured... So its a good assumption he didnt survive the war, thats a sad end to his Story... But its good its one thats finally told.

Thank you so much for taking the time and researching it for me, im so grateful you have no idea, i will print the documents out and keep with his tag / capsule.

I owe you guys something

Best regards.
    - Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast