Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?

Article about: This is not a USSR made, but possibly such a Poland, Czech or or other satellites

Default Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?

Hello colleagues,
    Can you confirm whether it is a case map
    war?
    * I'm not sure .....

Thanks
    best reguards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?
    P
    Many

Yes, no problem with this, an authentic Red Army map case. I have one of the same type dated 1941. This type is well illustrated in 'The Soviet Soldier 1941-45'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?   Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?  

Are you sure these are wartime?
    Were these not (also) made in this style for years after, the materials also seem later?

Dom
    ?

I find the two mapcase are very similar to models introduced since 1946 .

Quote by Dom View Post
    I find the two mapcase are very similar to models introduced since 1946 .
    Also, I have not seen dating like the one shown on these items. Ink stamps would have been the norm?
    I have one of these, including the compass strap (the two buckle ends to the left of the pouch to hold the measuring guage) and original pencils, uncsharpened.
    They all have the feel of 1960s production, but of course I'm not the expert Dom and others are.

Hum....but I will say it DID come with a 1941 dated compass...............

I still think these versions are post war. I do not see wartime cases with the 'flip out' clear coves.

Thanks for the information. I have asked on this forum before and been told this type was wartime by Adrian Soviet map case which gave me confidence that it is a wartime piece. However, looking at the ones in my reference book it may well be that they are internally different, even though they look the same externally.

?

The first one I doubt is Soviet. Or at least such a kind of satellites. The second is surely postwar.
    Here are some examples of the original mapcases.
    There are some DDR made and some Soviet made
    Even this is marked as made in Moscow in 1947 year is a German made, using German mapcase leather and PRYM marked buttons

Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?
    Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?

Another DDR high quality made example, even Third Reich era has nothing similar in quality
    The buttons used the same as on the WW2 German canteen covers

Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?

Postwar example of Soviet made mapcase- difference between German made, no place for the map
    Just made as a Soviet Sergeants doc bag

Original M 33 pre war issue leather mapcase, latest date seen by me was 1939 year

1939 year dated simplified version of mapcase, this one was found with lots of period dated , belonged to the artillery lieutenants docs.

Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?Soviet Case Map - Great Patriotic War ww 2?

This is a sergeants docs bag, belonged to the MIA Soviet tankist, reissued by German soldier

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Excellent information, thank you.

Thanks for the comments.
    Sorry but I have a little trouble with the English ...
    If I understand correctly you say that mine is after the war, which is also of the Soviet satellite countries?
    thanks

Best reguards

Ok thank you for your answer, and I also thank other friends.
    I have read better and without automatic translator, because
    the translator had mistranslated the text.
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast