Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Soviet equipment found in France

Article about: Hi Dimas, Agree with you Dimas, you have perfectly summed up the Soviet militaria ... and many collectors think that this is an easy subject and that the parts are plentiful !!!!!! Philippe

Default Re: Soviet equipment found in France

Hi Richie, I think you will find this is the book to which Rob refers? It also comes in an English translation. Rather than take a pic of mine, here is a pic from the 'net. I bet you know it now?

A good book, but not without errors, like all books. It is basically colour pics of guys wearing kit, but with only a simple one line caption. The front of the book talks about how uniforms and gear evolved but not in the kind of detail most collectors would wish for.

The book is soft bound and with use will start to fall apart. I know mine has! Not cheap to buy either at about £45 here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet equipment found in France 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet equipment found in France
    P
    Many

The paperback A4 format ,Mosow 1999 produced book ,by Moscow collector/dealers. Anton Shalito ,Kirril Tsyplenkov and Ilya Savchenkov. Its a nice reference ,well thought out studio photos of uniforms being displayed worn on the above guys . Much more convincing than the Hungarian reconstrtructions in the hardback (Shchiffer publications ?) The binding from moscow falls apart ! Still its got so many good points ,great variety .The Civil war kit must be 99% replica though
    Hi There Richie ,Congratulations on your Match !

?

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Point Taken Dimas . I shouldnt believe all you see in Books , Sadly this is still the Main Red Army reference we have and the text is difficult ! Back to TT Holster ,i dont see why it shouldnt be ww2 . Also the Document cases go back to Wartime in Kersa , usually termed as NCO types . Perhaps the Holsters in Kersa are more usual for Ncos ?
    Best wishes ,Robert
    Robert Truscott
    Usually, I can't believe that this oftenly known as a beginning 1960's holster is a war time example. But I does'not say this is a postwar, I just wrote my IMHO- if I 've never saw it war time issued- It does not mean that they cannot exist in that period...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

ace
    ?

damn nice finds, thanks for showing

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Usually, I can't believe that this oftenly known as a beginning 1960's holster is a war time example. But I does'not say this is a postwar, I just wrote my IMHO- if I 've never saw it war time issued- It does not mean that they cannot exist in that period...
    Dimas, this holster is postwar according it's postwar pattern never used wartime but not material.

?

I mean the combination Azad, abowe the simplified variants for TT/Nagan which was war time issued
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Your universal holsters are definitly wartime.
    Here is mine - marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet equipment found in France   Soviet equipment found in France  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4