Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)

Article about: Hello all, I'd like to show you one of my latest acquirements. It's a bit outside of my field of gas masks but I ended up with it all the same. As you can see, it's been modified, apparently

Default Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)

Hello all, I'd like to show you one of my latest acquirements. It's a bit outside of my field of gas masks but I ended up with it all the same. As you can see, it's been modified, apparently after being captured by the Germans. It's likely that it was used by the Luftshutz. The long hose has been removed and the filter connection is now directly attached to the chin. Sadly I am still looking for a good filter for it.
    Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)
    Here's a shot of the inside of the mask. That black tube is a a proxy sort of tissot tube, it has holes on the sides to (in theory) put incoming air on the lenses to defog them.
    Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)
    Here's some other photos for reference, including a normal Mod. O8 (from gasmasklexikon.com) and proof of what the Germans usually did when they captured Soviet masks: made them into goggles!
    Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)

If, for some reason, this post is more appropriate to a WW2 Germany centered part of these forums, please feel free to move it or inform me of how to move it myself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Mod. O8 Gas Mask (retrofitted for Luftshutz usage)
    P
    Many

?

Hello, I know this thread is dead. But actually this a Soviet modified Mod8, you can tell it’s soviet because the filter thread is 40mm GOST. Raul