Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Tent... any help appreciated

Article about: Forum, In the photos attached, I show some details of one panel for an unusual bit of Soviet tenting that I am trying to complete (and identify). Over the last 12-13 years I have managed to

Default Soviet Tent... any help appreciated

Forum,

In the photos attached, I show some details of one panel for an unusual bit of Soviet tenting that I am trying to complete (and identify). Over the last 12-13 years I have managed to locate three such panels, two like the one shown and a third that has a flap window in the triangular section. All the panels are similarly marked. All are the same shape with a triangular section at the top, a rectangular section at the bottom/middle, and finally a small flap at the very end. The outside is khaki, cotton cloth and the interior side of the triangle and rectangle section are backed in gray fleeced cotton like the inside of a tanker's helmet. One edge of the triangle section has a flap covered row of bakelite buttons and the other edge is button holes. There are stitched and leather reenforced grommets at the top and corners.

How I think this goes together is to assemble 4 panels into a pyramid tent with the triangle sections. The rectangle section below that would form a floor to the tent and the small flap at the bottom would cover the corners.

I have never seen reference to this type of tent. Unlike the standard shelter halves, these panels cannot double as a poncho. It is only a tent. Another interesting note is that pre-war plasch-palatka found with leather reenforced corner grommets often have very similar markings. All my panels are 1939 dated I show all the markings for each in the photos.

I would appreciate any leads, links, documents for information... and of course any leads on locating a 4th panel would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Tent... any help appreciated   Soviet Tent... any help appreciated  

Soviet Tent... any help appreciated   Soviet Tent... any help appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Tent... any help appreciated
    P
    Many