Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags

Article about: Hello! a seller in Poland has quite a few items he has stated were found there at different former Stalags and prison camp sites. Are these items as described? I have never seen a Russian WW

Default Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags

Hello! a seller in Poland has quite a few items he has stated were found there at different former Stalags and prison camp sites. Are these items as described?

I have never seen a Russian WW2 dog tag, and do not even know if they wore them.

These small bakelite containers were supposed to hold soldiers info on a small piece of paper. Why would they have dog tags then??

The stalag tags look questionable to me, are they real or fantasy items? The belt buckles also are supposed to be WW2. I have asked for pics of the back side, but no pics yet to post.

Any opinions, and info especially, is appreciated.

Regards, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags
    P
    Many

Default Re: Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags

Hi Steve, bakelite ID tubes are real. But that does not look like one in the pic, if it is supposed to be one?

The other tags are real. The Stalag tags are for ID.

As we know dog tags per se were not worn. However, the other disk was actually given to soldiers who were away from their unit and out of their military area for more than 12 hours.

Have a look at the illustration from the manual.

Introduced by People’s commissar of Defense order number №260 from December 21 1937 replacing model 1925. Abolished by order № 138 from March 15 1941. Restored back by Minister of Defense order number 29 from July 24 1946.

The belt buckles are postwar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  

Hi Ade!! Thanks for the input. Do you think the metal Russian tags, or the stalag tags rare worth $20US?? I would like to have a couple for the collection.

Yes the small container is supposed to be A Soviet WW2 soldier ID papers holder. The seller has another that looks a little different, but similar.

Regards, Steve

I think $20 sounds OK.

Give me a few mins and I will take a few pics of my original bakelite ID container.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I think $20 sounds OK.

Give me a few mins and I will take a few pics of my original bakelite ID container.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, thanks, I would like to see yours. Here is another one he has for sale. Says this an erlier one for keeping in the pocket. The other has a hole to hand around neck.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags 

Hi Steve, here you go.

Very different from the first one you showed as you will see

Note the general detail to the design, the bottom, and the makers mould number code letters in the lid.

Ignore the paper inside. This is a reprint of an original and carries the details of a certain Adrian Boris Stepanov. I carry it at our living history events

By the way, not every Red Army soldier was issued with one of these. An alternative was to use a spent cartridge case and seal it with wax. But the whole practise of carrying dog tags was not widespread. The soldiers were superstitious and thought that if you filled in the form you were a dead man.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags   Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  

Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags   Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello! a seller in Poland has quite a few items he has stated were found there at different former Stalags and prison camp sites. Are these items as described?

I have never seen a Russian WW2 dog tag, and do not even know if they wore them.

These small bakelite containers were supposed to hold soldiers info on a small piece of paper. Why would they have dog tags then??

The stalag tags look questionable to me, are they real or fantasy items? The belt buckles also are supposed to be WW2. I have asked for pics of the back side, but no pics yet to post.

Any opinions, and info especially, is appreciated.

Regards, Steve
    Your bakelite container is original wartime.
    To identify backles as WW2 items you should show their rear side.

Default Re:Are these Real? More Buckle Pics/Russian WW2 ID holders/tags

Quote by Komandir RKKA View Post
    Your bakelite container is original wartime.
    To identify backles as WW2 items you should show their rear side.
    Hello!! Here are the pics of the rear of the buckles. Wartime???

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags   Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags  

?

The buckles are post war and typical 60-80's made
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The buckles are post war and typical 60-80's made
    Thanks Dimas. I thought maybe they were, all the other items from this seller are orig.
    What exactly does a wartime buckle look like? Are they thinner, less brass? I did a search on forum and found not too much.
    I did find something about the buckles with the rear attachment made out of a round brass wire instead of stamped were wartime?? but the buckle was steel, not brass? These buckles appear to have round wire also??

Regards, Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast