Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Universal SVT/ MN Ammunition Pouch?

Article about: Found this pouch last month while going through boxes of my collection. I have had this pouch for many years and believe I may have gotten it from a fellow I used to do business with in Sain

Default Universal SVT/ MN Ammunition Pouch?

Found this pouch last month while going through boxes of my collection. I have had this pouch for many years and believe I may have gotten it from a fellow I used to do business with in Saint Petersburg. I found a similar pouch in an older thread made of much thicker material, the material on my example appears to be pig skin. Hard for me to see the two stamps clearly but the one to the center appears to have the hammer and sickle mark with 40 to the right side. Any information would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Universal SVT/ MN Ammunition Pouch?
    P
    Many

Nice item, I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice item, I like it.
    Thanks, I was not sure if it was authentic or not since I had nothing to compare it to.

It's war time. Look at the fastener or oblong rivets in the back. Faint factory ink stamp, if they are going to fake ink stamps, most likely would be legible. Common manufacturer of SVT pouches. In 1941 kept horizontal dividers for SVT 40 mags and also added vertical dividers for the 7.62 x 54R rounds on stripper clips.

Thanks for the information. I had many wartime Soviet equipment items over the years but the lack detailed reference material has always left me in the dark about a number of them.

?

Here's a photo of one I have that shows the extra flap used to divide the pouch to hold clips. It's dated 1941, Ray

Universal SVT/ MN Ammunition Pouch?Universal SVT/ MN Ammunition Pouch?Universal SVT/ MN Ammunition Pouch?

Nice, thanks for sharing.

I have since learned a bit more about the one I own from a Russian collector. All known examples were produced by A.Bebel factory in Leningrad. Current thought regarding the date marking is the 1940 examples are mis-dated due to the fact such pouches were not accepted into service until the Spring of 1941.