Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Soviet Ring

Article about: I cannot identify what this ring is. I am certain it is pre 1945 but I know nothing else about it. Any help would be appreciated! It does not appear to be marked inside.

?

Default Unusual Soviet Ring

I cannot identify what this ring is. I am certain it is pre 1945 but I know nothing else about it. Any help would be appreciated! It does not appear to be marked inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Soviet Ring   Unusual Soviet Ring  

Unusual Soviet Ring   Unusual Soviet Ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Soviet Ring
    P
    Many

?

I was able to find a similar ring online at:
    Ring zum Jubilaum 10 - History Shop

Anniversary Ring 10 years Soviet Army of 1927, ring of non-ferrous silver, center shield red enamelled soviet coat of arms and "X", this ring is said to be an exclusively lent ring awarded only from the rank of Colonel (division commander), medium ring size, very nice production, beautiful lightly worn condition, extremely rare early piece of a high-ranking officer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Soviet Ring  

?

There is no any info that it was an award, civil or military. Most likely it was just a souvenir ring. Looks cheap and the price seems incredible.
    It's possible to google "кольцо 10 лет советской власти" and find something like this.

?

McSeam, The ring I have and the one they are attempting to sell are a bit different from each other. Mine appears to be solid silver with a hallmark on the band. I do see there are a bunch of these out there 10 years of Russian power! I just did not know what to search for originally. Thanks for your help! So Soviet stores sold it? It was not military at all? (as the military dealer claims)

?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    McSeam, The ring I have and the one they are attempting to sell are a bit different from each other. Mine appears to be solid silver with a hallmark on the band. I do see there are a bunch of these out there 10 years of Russian power! I just did not know what to search for originally. Thanks for your help! So Soviet stores sold it? It was not military at all? (as the military dealer claims)
    I couldn't find any info that it was military. Nothing tells about it. No documents.
    Exploring Russian forums I've found out, that some diggers told they found such rings - silver or bronze. But nobody tells it was an award. I've never heard that there was a practice to award by rings in Soviet Army.