Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wartime veshmeshoks with buckles?

Article about: Hi Since some time I’m considering on thing- does anyone has ever seen wartime meshok with straps regulation buckles (these are the buckles on straps next to stitching to the bag itself). I

Default Wartime veshmeshoks with buckles?

Hi
    Since some time I’m considering on thing- does anyone has ever seen wartime meshok with straps regulation buckles (these are the buckles on straps next to stitching to the bag itself). I have serious doubts if these were on wartime bags or maybe these were introduced post war?
    Best Regards
    Jacob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wartime veshmeshoks with buckles?
    P
    Many

Post-war.

How about this one?
    This used to be blue before was bleeched on the sun, only the tied part, not exposed to sun has original color. I wouldn’t suspect blue meshok to be made after 1941-1942 period.
    What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime veshmeshoks with buckles?  

Quote by Marinecollector42 View Post
    How about this one?
    This used to be blue before was bleeched on the sun, only the tied part, not exposed to sun has original color. I wouldn’t suspect blue meshok to be made after 1941-1942 period.
    What do you think?
    Post war. Wartime ones didn't have metal buckles near the stitching for the straps but some had them on the strap that goes across the chest. This is a example of a war time one as you can see there are no metal buckles. Yours is probably 50's made.

Wartime veshmeshoks with buckles?

But still, I haven’t seen such material used even in second half of war. Do you have any schemes for „wartime” or M41 meshoks? That would help a lot.
    Here is one more pic of Polish soldier with long meshok, I know quality is poor but most likely it looks like it’s buckle there. The shape of strap near the stitching also would say that there is a buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime veshmeshoks with buckles?  

One more I found on the internet. Soviet infantry, described as 1943 but they are all wearing M35 gym’s without pagoni’s. That’s also a long version of meshok.
    The one which Ilegion is shortened, mid-war to late-war version.

I’ve seen this link but I don’t think it brings something new here. Schemes are for Turkestan type meshok.
    I see that most of wartime meshoks had no buckle but here we have two photos of long meshoks with probable strap regulation buckles- first one is poor quality but Strap wouldn’t bend this way without buckle I think.
    Second one is much better quality and I’d say the buckle is well visible.
    All the meshok’s I’ve seen are at least 1942 marked but does anyone seen 1941 dated one’s?
    The meshok I posted has color identical to 1941 PPSH/ PPD pouches I have.
    Wouldn’t buckles be removed in later models as wartime saving just like suspender hooks in ammo pouches and were brought back after war, just like the lenght?

Until 1941 all RKKA units used the Turkestan type. Take a look at Winter War photos you will se that every soldier has the Turkestan type backpack. When the war started they simplified and shortened it and it became the M41 backpack. After the war they continued the production of the M41 but lengthened it to pre-war standards and added metal buckles for strap regulation.

I need to disagree about the lenght. In link you have sent in post #4 there are two meshoks, long and short, both from 1942.
    Also the two pictures I’ve sent are long. You can easily differ long and short meshoks on wartime photographs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast