Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 coke bottles are different

Article about: The glass coke bottles made during ww2 are a bit different,more of a blue color than the normal green.I look for these,late 45 bottles returned to the green color.Something about the chemica

Default WW2 coke bottles are different

The glass coke bottles made during ww2 are a bit different,more of a blue color than the normal green.I look for these,late 45 bottles returned to the green color.Something about the chemical they needed for the war effort.Here is a 44 and 45 bottle,can you see the difference?Its very evident outside in natural light but its dark here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 coke bottles are different   WW2 coke bottles are different  

WW2 coke bottles are different   WW2 coke bottles are different  

WW2 coke bottles are different  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 coke bottles are different
    P
    Many

Now that's something I never knew about! again nice one Eric Mate

Thanks Rene!Yeah look for them,they are few and far between but out there, most sellers don't know the difference,they are worth more than regular ones,at least to me,I collect coke stuff and ww2 so love finding them.Paid 2.00 for the 44 and its in great cond.

This beat up sign would be about my only Coke item I have I think is 40's?
    Won't be finding bottles at 2 bucks down here Nice one! I lie Wifey and I did collect the glasses from Makkas (Mc Donalds)!!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-07-2020 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added pic & text

Hopefully others might have bottles to compare with?

Really interesting Toecutter and yes I can see the difference between the two greens.

Are the numbers or letters able to indicate where the batch may have been sold or made? Or would they have all been made in the US and shipped overseas?

Very interesting thread, love these old bottles.

CBH
    ?

Something New to look for, thanks for the information.

Thanks guys,great stuff,here is an outside pic,you can see the difference better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 coke bottles are different  

A wonderful piece of Americana. As a kid growing the 1960s and 70s, old style thick coke bottles were still being recycled along side the newer, thinner glass bottles (Eventually they became plastic) Growing up, I became more aware of the subtle changes in design for products that bespoke the era that they were made in. I know there is nothing "military" about my post, but observation is a great tool for amateur historians like myself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast