Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1942 webbing carry case for 303 No4 Rifle

Article about: Morning gents, just thought I would show this nicely dated case that I just bought for my 303, probably scarcer than the rifle it's self! Leon.

Default 1942 webbing carry case for 303 No4 Rifle

Morning gents, just thought I would show this nicely dated case that I just bought for my 303, probably scarcer than the rifle it's self! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 webbing carry case for 303 No4 Rifle   1942 webbing carry case for 303 No4 Rifle  

Nice one, is this one Canadian made? can't see the maker clearly

Nice case. I cannot make out the maker either. Sometimes wetting the area will enhance the marking for viewing.
    John

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice one, is this one Canadian made? can't see the maker clearly
    Hello gents, I have wetted the area and taken another image, I think it is TD within a C or a circle? Quite possibly a Canadian made piece. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 webbing carry case for 303 No4 Rifle  

After a bit of digging it appears that TD was a letter code used by Trefano Limited who were a British manufacturer during the war. Leon.

?

Is that, possibly, a ‘Ltd’ on the end of a poorly stamped maker’s name (perhaps ending with ‘R’)?
    I don’t think that’s a ‘c’ or circle around it, just a stain.
    Just a thought...
    Nice one though, with a post-war added carrying strap. A commonly done modification for the civilian market, I believe. I understand these never had a sling in their original form (strangely).
    Nice find,
    Bob

looks like CTB TB42 (arrow)...either way, I've not seen one before so thanks for sharing. I'm now intrigued though....without the strap, what was it's purpose?...just storage and/or vehicular transport?...surely there'd be a handle/strap/buckles if it was meant for a soldier to carry?...but hey, 10 minutes ago I didn't know they existed......

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Is that, possibly, a ‘Ltd’ on the end of a poorly stamped maker’s name (perhaps ending with ‘R’)?
    I don’t think that’s a ‘c’ or circle around it, just a stain.
    Just a thought...
    Nice one though, with a post-war added carrying strap. A commonly done modification for the civilian market, I believe. I understand these never had a sling in their original form (strangely).
    Nice find,
    Bob
    Ah, you are right on there Bob! It does look like that may well be the case now you have pointed it out. Just got it out again to look and it is as clear as day now you have mentioned it! It is indeed ??? LTD 1942 ^ , and the circle is a stain that ever so slightly shows up as a white mark on the opposite side of the canvas. Thanks for that, sadly the manufacturers name is worn out though. Leon.

?

I'm pretty sure it is K LTD...I found this picture on a Google search to demonstrate.

Quote by karkee View Post

I'm pretty sure it is K LTD...I found this picture on a Google search to demonstrate.
    Excellent detective work Karkee, most appreciated, thanks. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast