Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1944 US commissary roll

Article about: Found this in Oklahoma a couple years ago. I had never seen one before. All it had with it was the 200 lbs scale, the scoops, and the two faucets, along with some knives that were not correc

Default 1944 US commissary roll

Found this in Oklahoma a couple years ago. I had never seen one before. All it had with it was the 200 lbs scale, the scoops, and the two faucets, along with some knives that were not correct to it. Now all I have to find is another blade for the saw and four more meat hooks. All the items are from the 1940s or before but not original to the roll. Hope y’all enjoy!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 US commissary roll   1944 US commissary roll  

1944 US commissary roll   1944 US commissary roll  

Very nice item and not often seen and difficult to find complete. Thank you for posting.
    John

Yep what a nice find! hope you can complete it.

?

That is a not seen very often item.
    You did a great job of finding and putting it back together.
    So meat saw blade and hooks from WW2. Wow that will be a challenge.
    Good luck in your search.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Now all I have to find is another blade for the saw and four more meat hooks.!
    08SMLE,
    So I'm guessing you would want 1930-1940's saw blades and meat hooks?
    One of my Marines is/was a Butcher in his civilian life back home. When he goes home on leave he goes back to the slaughter house and still helps out. Its belongs to a family friend.

Would you like me to ask him if they have any OLD items in the shop that might fit in your commissary roll?

He owes me big time anyway, because I trained him and got him sent to an advanced school for his field.
    Let me know and I'll ask him.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yes I would!! That would be great. The hooks would have to be the same kind as in the picture to fit in their pouch but if they have some extra ones to match and a spare blade I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Yes I would!! That would be great. The hooks would have to be the same kind as in the picture to fit in their pouch but if they have some extra ones to match and a spare blade I would much appreciate it. Thanks!
    Will Do!! Can you give me blade length and also something to reference the size of the meat hooks you need? If you show a ruler and a pic next to the hook I will show him it and maybe he will recognize the type.

Ok I see by the list at top the saw blades are 22" long, But meat hook size would be great,
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-26-2019 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added comment about saw blades

?

Hey 08 ,
    PM sent with questions. My Marine is home right now for Thanksgiving. It would be a good time for him to check. I'll need some type of measurement of the meat hooks for him. I just sent him a text with a pic of your set about this and I'm waiting on a reply.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Sorry I’m so late getting back to you been pretty busy. Hook dimensions are 3 3/4” by 5 1/4”. The blade is just an old fashioned meat saw blade 22” long. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 US commissary roll   1944 US commissary roll  

1944 US commissary roll   1944 US commissary roll  

?

Thank 08 I'll send a pic to him!!!

Sent!!! I'll let you know when I hear from him!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-27-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast