Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

99th London Welsh Regt storage chest

Article about: a recent pickup, a storage chest for the regimental toast racks, seriously, for HQ 99th LONDON WELSH REGIMENT

Default 99th London Welsh Regt storage chest

a recent pickup, a storage chest for the regimental toast racks, seriously, for HQ 99th LONDON WELSH REGIMENT
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 99th London Welsh Regt storage chest   99th London Welsh Regt storage chest  

99th London Welsh Regt storage chest   99th London Welsh Regt storage chest  

99th London Welsh Regt storage chest   99th London Welsh Regt storage chest  

99th London Welsh Regt storage chest  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Its certainly different... and very useful for storing items from your collection too!

Intriguing piece of ephemera.

I don't think I have ever seen a toast rack made of china. This would certainly have contained regimental mess property (not the cookhouse!) and most likely emblazoned with a regimental badge or crest.

It is pure speculation but I wonder if this was a Sgts / WO's Mess item rather than Officers Mess which may have used silver items (although china items could have been "everyday" breakfast items).

If you haven't got one Jerry I will bet you soon will have

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."